Date posted: March 19, 2018
Job type: Full -time
Start date: May or June 2018
Application deadline: Monday, April 9, 2018 9:00am
Lead Camp Counsellordownload a pdf copy of the posting here
Date posted: March 1, 2018
Job type: Contract 37.5 hours per week (Mon.-Fri.)
Start date: June 25, 2018
End date: August 31, 2018
Hourly wage rate: $14.50
Positions available: 2
Application deadline: March 21, 2018
The Lead Camp Counsellor position supports a priority of providing art instruction and activities for children at NPCC.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Lead Camp Counsellors will work with the Programs Coordinator to facilitate camp programming. The Counsellors are responsible for providing supervision of our campers. They will assist in general camp duties, including:
- Responsible for the supervision of children ages 5-12
- Responsible for developing indoor and outdoor activities for children
- Responsible for taking on a leadership role with youth volunteers
- Responsible for communicating with parents/guardians and children
- Assists art instructors with facilitating instruction
- Performs administrative tasks (i.e. monitors attendance and participant information)
- Participates in a formal programs review process
- Participates in a week-long orientation
- Responsible for performing tasks in accordance with the NPCC Code of Conduct
- Must be registered as a full-time student and intend to return to school on a full-time basis (between 15 – 30 years of age)
- Post-secondary education in the arts, recreation or early childhood education an asset
- Experience leading in children’s programs and/or camp environments
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong activity planning skills
- Emergency First Aid valid certification
Neilson Park Creative Centre is committed to employment equity. NPCC encourages applications from women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and members of visible minorities.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, NPCC will work to provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free recruitment.
This position is contingent on the operation of the summer camp program. This position may be partially funded by the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program.
A Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required.
How to Apply:
Customer Service Representative
Download a pdf copy of the posting here
Closing Date: March 16, 2018 9:00am Posting Closed